JuJuBee: I Have A Kid

Monday, January 03, 2005

I Have A Kid

One thing that I cannot stand is when I am trying to talk to someone on the phone and LittleJuJu interrupts me. I am not talking about being on the phone with a girlfriend and obviously just gabbing away about nothing important...I can tolerate an interruption in that case. It is when I am on an important call that necessitates my full attention and quiet. I am not naive to think that my child will just sense when I need this quiet time for the phone. If I know I will be making or receiving an important call I make sure to sit him down and explain that I need quiet time and no interruptions unless there is an emergency. Then I find something that will keep him busy for the amount of time I need. I also will usually go into another room. Today I tried to call American Express to find out why a gift card I had received as a Christmas present was not being accepted.

Me: *talky-talky-speakity-speak to obviously annoyed customer service rep*
LittleJuJu: Mommy! Allie is playing with your bottle cap!"
Me: *whispering* Shhh!!! I will talk to you when I am through!
LittleJuJu: Mommy! She is taking it away! Do something!
Me: *turning red and whispering loudly* Be quiet! On the phone!
LittleJuJu: BUT MOMMY SHE IS TOUCHING YOUR BOTTLE CAP!
Me: I'm sorry ma'am, could you please repeat that number? I am having trouble hearing you over the demonic child who has forgotten the house rule of no talking to mommy when she is on an important call.
LittleJuJu: JUST TELL HER YOU HAVE A KID!
Slightly Less Annoyed Customer Service Rep: *laughing* Oh I can't wait to have kids!
Me: Uhm...yeah, ok. What was that number again?


Edit: Allie is the cat...not a child. Come on people.
• Posted by JuJubee @ 1/03/2005 11:45:00 AM
About me
Previous
Blogroll
Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from JuJuBeeJenny. Make you own badge here.


Credit